Sunday, February 6, 2011

Superbowl XLV

I don't really care about the Superbowl.  I don't have an attachment to either team so this year I'm in it for the food and the commercials. 

The Husband made baby back ribs, of course.  It's his go-to game food.  Usually, he'd make potato salad to go with it but it's a lot of work and he knows that I won't eat any.  Personally, it just doesn't do anything for me.  So he put me to the task of making a salad.  When he asks me to make a salad to go with ribs, it's not just any salad, I know just the one to make every time.  It's easy, tastes so good and with pasta as the main ingredient, it just keeps getting better and better the more it sits and marries with the dressing. 

PASTA SALAD

For the dressing, blend in a blender: 



1/2 c. mayo
1/2 c. olive oil
1/4 c. red wine vinegar
1 1/2 tea. dijon mustard
1 clove garlic
1 tea. sugar
1/2 tea. salt
1/2 tea. pepper
1 Tbs. Italian Seasoning

For the salad: 

1 can quartered artichoke hearts
1 bunch green onions
1 package julienne cut sun-dried tomatoes
1 package (20 oz) cheese tortellini
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese (I like more)

*Cook the tortellini according to the directions.  The best way to know it's done is when the pasta floats to the surface of the water.  Drain and rinse with cold water to cool.
*Add all the salad ingredients in a bowl including the cooled pasta, mix in the dressing then refrigerate for at least 1 hour, but just like any pasta, it's best if you let it sit over night.  

YUM!

No comments: